ZLOT GEOMAGNETIC ANOMALY
Why is this canyon so different from others? In addition to its terrifying beauty, Lazarus Canyon is characterized by a geomagnetic anomaly, known in the world as the Zlot Geomagnetic Anomaly. The direction of the anomaly is: Rtanj mountain - Lazarus Canyon - Bor - Majdanpek. Geomagnetic field anomalies registered between Bor and Majdanpek, plotted on the geomagnetic map, indicate that this area has the strongest geomagnetic field in Serbia.
The cause of significantly increased magnetism in this canyon can be ore deposits or specific frequencies from the center of the earth.
TOURIST - HIKING ROUTE THROUGH LAZAREV CANYON
The route starts at Lazarus Cave and continues for about 7.50 kilometers through Lazarus Canyon. The first 2.5 km is an easy walk along the dried-up river bed, but after that, the much more difficult part of the trail begins. In several places, you come across giant stone blocks, which blocked the riverbed. They must be climbed carefully. Occasionally, crawling under or going around huge fallen trees is unavoidable.
In one part of the canyon, there is an ascent along the ridge for about 700 meters to the top of the canyon, and then a forest road leads to the Kovey viewpoint (located at 740 meters above sea level). It is possible to organize a traditional Vlach lunch at the given place, with an announcement to the hosts. The length of the trail is about 17 kilometers (direction: Lazarus Cave - Lazarus river canyon - Chabrovi - Kovey creek - Kovey viewpoint - Lazarus Cave).
This is a route where travelers must be prepared to walk on rocky and slippery terrain. The duration of the hike is about 9 hours.
This route through the Lazarus Canyon is of medium difficulty and is not intended for people in poor condition.
1. Participants of this tour must be physically ready for hiking and have no health problems that would prevent them from being able to withstand the passage through the Lazarus Canyon.
2. The guide reserves the right to shorten or change the route due to unfavorable weather conditions.
3. Agency "Mirno More" is not responsible for possible injuries and accidents caused by force majeure or the arbitrariness of individuals, accidents caused by health problems, as well as accidents caused under the influence of alcohol and other illegal psychoactive substances.
4. We suggest you bring: hiking boots, spare clothes, windbreaker, raincoat (in case of rain), cap/hat and battery or headlamp.
5. If you suffer from claustrophobia or have a fear of heights - do not go on a tour through Lazarus Canyon.
6. In the canyon itself, you are completely cut off from modern telecommunications, there is no mobile phone or internet.
7. Please do not take children under the age of 16 with you, this route is not easy and is not intended for children.